Wednesday, December 14, 2005

FAQs

So in true PR style, I have posted the answers to all your burning questions about my trip in the form of a short FAQ. These are all real questions that people have actually asked me. And yes, I have been media trained on all of my responses.

FAQs

Where are you going?
I am leaving for a six-month trip. I start in Japan and then fly into Bankgok, with the plan of seeing Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos. Then I fly into Delhi, with the plan of seeing India, Nepal and Tibet. I have a ticket back into Tokyo, but no flight home yet. My itinerary is loose so we'll see where I end up.

How long are you going for?
Right now my ticket takes me out until the end of June, but I might travel for longer. We'll see...

When do you leave?
My flight into Tokyo leaves December 23rd.

What are you going to do for Christmas?!?!
My Aunt and Uncle live in Tokyo so I will be staying with them for the holidays. My mother, father and brother will also be there. You know, the traditional Rollins family Christmas. It will be strange with it being just our family. We always seem to have other randoms at Christmas dinner...like my parents are the Humane Society or something, bringing in all the strays.

Why are you going (usually accompanied by unapproving glare)?
That's a stupid question. People, stop asking me this. I don't know. I'm going because it's something I want to do?? The next person who asks me this gets a drop kick to the head.

What are you doing with all of your stuff?
I am relying on the goodwill of some very kind friends to watch over some of my stuff. Oliver and his lovely girlfriend Anna have generously volunteered their basement to take in the bulk of my stuff. They are wonderful, beautiful people and I promise to bring them back something nice - a young Thai houseboy or an elephant? Gary and Corrine McMann are generously watching over the Honda Civic for the next six months.

Are you traveling alone?
Yes...stop looking at me like that.

Are you bringing a dowry?
Of course. The two goats are packed up along with a few trunkloads of gold and china. My parents will mail my hope chest from overseas upon consumption of the marriage. And yes, obviously a main goal of this trip is to find a husband. I am clearly seeking the stability of a marriage. That is exactly why I quit my stable job, put everything into storage and am wandering around Asia with a backpack. I embrace stability.

What are you going to do when you come back?
I am not sure yet. I might come back to PR. I might reinvent myself. We'll see. That's six months away right now and I have a lot of time to think about it.

Any job suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home